Recent Commercial Posts
Safety Tips for your Commercial Property
Commercial Building in Langley, BC
Whether you own your commercial building or are leasing it from another entity, it is always a good idea to have a safety plan in place in the possibility that disaster should strike.
SERVPRO offers a free Emergency Readiness Plan which will help you to determine the safest and quickest way to handle an unforeseen emergency
Call SERVPRO of Langley today to set up a time to meet with one of our qualified personnel to go over the needs of your particular structure.
However, there are some things that you can do yourself to reduce that chances that disaster may strike
Before closing for the day, assign someone to check for the following:
Inspect bathrooms for any running water in sinks or toilets
In cooler weather familiarize yourself with any space heaters that may be in use. If not already done so, unplug them from the wall sockets
When temperatures drop below freezing, set thermostats to an overnight level that will prevent pipes from freezing, ESPECIALLY if this has been a problem in the past
Make note of any tree branches that may be close to windows and have them trimmed down. Strong winds can cause them to either swing in to the window or fall and break the glass
Call SERVPRO 24/7 778-552-7762
Your Commercial Building & Water Damage
Big or Small, SERVPRO of Langley can handle it all!
When Water Damage occurs in a business, the biggest concern is how quickly can I open back up or run normal? SERVPRO of Langley has trained technicians that are ready 24-7, 365 days a year to respond immediately to water damage at your business. We have the experience, expertise and training to restore your business as quickly as possible. Our technicians closely monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in a Business
- SPRINKLER SYSTEM – Many commercial businesses have sprinkler systems. Of course, these are great when you have a fire damage, but not so great when they malfunction. Always inspect for damage have a set time each year for inspection. Replace any questionable sprinklers.
- PLUMBING PROBLEMS – Pipes are susceptible to clogs, backups, leaks or damages. Look for signs of rust, staining, cracking or bulging. Leak detection systems are valuable and inexpensive, and an alarm will sound if it senses anything. If your building is in a low temperature area, it is best to insulate your pipes.
- BROKEN APPLICANCES OR EQUIPMENT – If your business has equipment that uses water and has tubes, pipes, gaskets or filters, these should be checked regularly. Replace water lines regularly, re-caulk and reseal.
- ROOF LEAKS – Check your roofing regularly. If water is puddling like a pond, then there may be a drainage problem. Every inch of water weighs in around five pounds.
- FLOODS/MOTHER NATURE – Natural disasters like hurricanes, severe thunderstorms and flash flooding can do major damage to your business. Of course, we cannot control Mother Nature, but we can be ready for it. Keeping gutters clean, having barriers if needed and storing important files or electronics at higher levels can help.
There is no way to completely eliminate all risks of water damage to your business, but having common practices and a good maintenance checking system in place can help reduce your risks. And if you do have a water damage call the professionals to help, SERVPRO of Langley at 778-552-7762
Emergency Ready Plan to Protect Your Commercial Property
No job is ever too big for SERVPRO of Langley
Commercial Water Damage Tip: Make a Plan
While thinking through possible commercial water damage scenarios for your business, you made notes of the solutions you came up with for your “what if?” questions. Now put your thinking into action to craft an emergency plan for your business. A good emergency plan should provide for the safety of all people who could enter your business, as well as set forth processes and procedures for carrying on with business during a variety of challenges. Here at SERVPRO of Langley we have something we like to offer called a Emergency Ready Plan.
It should include, at the very least:
- an emergency contact list (accessible from off-site)
- emergency procedures
- emergency staffing instructions
- vendor lists and contact info
- Data backup plans and other resources to support business operations in case you have to temporarily or permanently relocate your business operations.Stuff gets old. It breaks. It fails. When plumbing or water-management equipment in your commercial facility fails, the resulting water damage restoration costs can stack up fast. So the operative word for commercial water damage prevention is maintenance.
- Routinely inspect all visible plumbing, test basement sump pumps, check exterior gutters and downspouts, muck out drainage ditches and storm drains and ensure roof structures are in good repair. Commercial property managers generally agree that a water leak on a commercial property is the most costly problem you can have, often costing thousands of dollars to mitigate, once the problem develops. Good property maintenance can lop off a big chunk of commercial water damage risk, so don’t cut corners on repairs.
- Commercial Water Damage Tip: Inspect, Repair, Repeat
Drying Equipment for Winter Temperatures
THE PHOENIX FIREBIRD COMPACT 20
During normal temperatures we have many machines for drying out our jobsites
However, during the winter months when temperatures can fall down to freezing it’s nice to know we have the Phoenix Firebird Compact 20 at our hands.
It offers a powerful, portable and safe method in drying. The Firebird Compact 20 offers multiple heating, ducting, and electrical options for on-demand heating from the inside or outside the drying space. It can operate virtually anywhere on the jobsite that heat is needed to speed up the drying space.
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in all of our equipment. The training is ongoing at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
Restoring your Langley Commercial Property after a Water Damage Event
Commercial water damage events present unique challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Langley commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Langley
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Duct Cleaning Tips for your Commercial Business
Important for health of your employees
HVAC system cleaning in your business and the importance of the health of your employees. There are many factors that will affect the air quality in your business and the main one is your air ducts and how they need to be cleaned. 1 out of 6 people suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in the air ducts systems. When the correct steps are taken it will improve productivity in your employees and the workplace.
Top Seven Reasons to Clean Ducts:
- Mildew and Mold growing from moisture
- Smoke from cigarettes or chemicals
- Water and fire restoration
- Allergy relief and asthma
- Reduce Dust and particles from spreading
- Improve energy efficiency
- Insects and rodents
In most cases your business and your home rarely open the windows or doors to help provide air circulation resulting in some of these reasons causing poor air quality. When your HVAC system is clean it doesn’t have to work so hard to maintain the temperature desired resulting in more money in your pocket. Have your ducts and system cleaned and inspected each year to make sure your business is running smoothly. If your business needs help cleaning up after a fire or water damage SERVPRO of Langley is here to help.
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Lower Mainland commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: SERVPRO of Langley
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Langley provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 (778-552-7762)
Spring Waters Around the Corner
Commercial Flood in West Vancouver, BC
The Lower Mainland had a great skiing season this year with the abundance of snow we had on the slopes. This produces a large amount of snow pack on the mountains. This will in all likely hood produce a heavy runoff in the upcoming spring months.
This heavy water saturation means there is a large potential for sub water to penetrate through homes and commercial buildings by the way of foundation walls, basements and crawlspaces.
This can happen in any age of building so whether you have a newer or older structure it is important to periodically check all underground levels for any water intrusion.
You may not be able to stop it entirely but catching it early and a call to SERVPRO can reduce further damage to structure and personal property. SERVPRO will assist by using subpumps to remove the water, sandbags to help reduce further seepage, and dehumidifiers to control humidity until the sub water subsides. So don't fret is you see water in your basement from an unknown source, simply call SERVPRO and let us help you determine the source of the water and give you best the idea for cleaning it up.
Commercial Water Damage in Vancouver, BC
When your sprinkler system fails, water can flood your business. If you do experience water damage, contact SERVPRO for remediation efforts.
Certified SERVPRO Technicians Quickly Dry Out Your Water Damaged Business Property
Despite the extreme weather which can strike our community, Lower Mainland businesses usually have more problems with water from common sources like a split water line or faulty sprinklers. These problems invariably occur overnight and leave owners a mess when they come in to open their doors the next morning.
Regardless of the source of the water, our first task is to stop or block it. If the store owner has not already done so, we can start with turning off the water main. After that, we attempt to find the failure. Our restoration specialists can repair or replace minor issues like a rusted out connection, but if there is a major system failure, we recommend calling a licensed plumber.
Our next step is to remove any standing water inside the business. We can do this with a combination of pumps and water extraction wands. The pumps remove most of the excess water, and then we use the wands to draw remaining amounts off of surfaces and out of carpets.
Usually, we try to complete this action to have a dry, safe environment to walk across before moving on to the next task.
SERVPRO technicians can stop this with dehumidifiers, fans, and air movers. We first set up the dehumidifiers to begin drawing moisture in the surrounding air. Each of these devices can remove up to 25 gallons of water per day.
To assist with the dehumidifiers, we set up fans to draw out the damp, cool air from the structure and force it outside.
At SERVPRO of Langley, our goal is to help you reopen your doors as quickly as possible. If you need our help, call today at 778-552-7762 for more information or to schedule an appointment.