Recent Mould Remediation Posts
Air Scrubber on the Job
Langley, BC Mold Remediation job using the Air Scrubber
What are air scrubbers?
An air scrubber is a portable filtration system that removes particles, gasses, and/or chemicals from the air within a given area. These machines draw air in from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters to remove contaminants. The size and complexity of an air scrubber system will depend on the size of the space being serviced, as well as the range, type, and size of contaminants that must be removed from the area.
Why should I use an air scrubber?
Air scrubbers are especially important on restoration jobs where airborne contaminants are present or will be created/disturbed during the restoration process, such as mold, dust, asbestos, lead, chemical fumes, etc. These hazardous particles can settle on carpet, upholstery, and furnishings, or be drawn into the HVAC system and contaminate other parts of a building.
If these contaminants are not removed, they will have a negative effect on the indoor air quality (IAQ) of the worksite. While naturally occurring particles, such as human skin cells, animal hair, and dirt, are nearly always present, toxic gases released by sewage-borne bacteria and mold spores can cause adverse human health effects when inhaled. In short, these contaminants can compromise the quality of the entire restoration job.
Air scrubbers help protect the health of workers and building occupants by providing a clean and healthy environment. They also help protect contractors from costly liability claims resulting from damage caused by hazardous airborne materials.
Does Your Home or Commercial Property Have A Mold Problem?
In Langley, mold can spread through home in as little as 48 hours
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation
If you see signs of mould call us today-SERVPRO of Langley 778-552-7762
Bleach Does NOT Kill Mold!
Most people think that bleach with completely get rid of their mold problem. In fact, bleach will only remove the color or stain of mold and will, in some cases, will allow toxic mold to grow where it was not present before. Read below to see how mold is properly cleaned and the affects that bleach has on mold.
Mold - that scary four letter word that no home or business owner ever wants to hear. If you do end up in the unfortunate situation that mold is growing in your building, what do you do? Many have been told “simply wash down the affected area with a bleach solution”. Yes, bleach is a powerful product that can sanitize surfaces and kill bacteria, however, bleach does not kill mold!
A bleach mixture is a great solution to use when cleaning your non-porous shower stalls or wiping down your hard surface countertops. However, using bleach on a porous surface such as wood or drywall where mold is traditionally found, is a different story.
Mold is a term that refers to fungi that grow in the form of multicellular thread-like structures, which grow into colonies. On a porous surface, the mold colonies grow into the pores of the material, much like a tree’s roots grow deep into the ground. Bleach is only able to kill what lies on the surface of the porous material, leaving what lies below the surface to continue to grow. To the eye, it appears that you’ve killed the mold that is growing, but unfortunately this is not true. The mold will then grow back stronger, deeper, and spread more since it’s embedded into the pores of the material.
If your home or business are affected by mold, call us today at 778-552-7762 SERVPRO of Langley will completely restore your property from mold damage with the correct equipment and solutions.
Do you have an Odor Problem? SERVPRO Langley can help!
SERVPRO of Langley technician taking care of a decomposing odor for one of Surrey clients.
What is an odor?
Odors are gases which emanate from a source into the air, where they can smell pleasant or unpleasant.
Where do odors come from?
Odors can be released from a variety of sources: Mold, decomposing organic matter, new building materials, incomplete combustion, etc. The first steps are specialists have to determine is the sources identification and location.
Some Principles of Odor Control
- Mould improperly removed, it will cause toxic spores to become airborne and make the surrounding air unsafe to breathe. Need professionals to remove and remediate.
- Remove as much of the odor source as possible.
- Clean-up contaminated areas and safely dispose of infested materials. Penetration (of odor counteractant) into all surfaces and spaces.
- Sealing (Sealers lock in or prevent the further release of the unpleasant odor).
Call SERVPRO of Langley 24/7 (778-552-7762)
Mold? Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mould spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Langley for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 778-552-7762
New Revolution LGR Dehumidifier
Revolution LGR Dehumidifier
SERVPRO of Langley is proud to add the new Revolution LGR Dehumidifier to it's equipment lineup. The Revolution packs state-of-the-art LGR technology into the most compact design ever achieved for the restorative drying industry. Pictured in the photo is the new Revo on the left next to a standard sized evolution LGR Dehumidifier.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Call our SERVPRO office 24/7 for help with any water, fire, or mold issue in your home or commercial property at 778-552-7762