Archived Storm Damage Blog Posts
Be prepared for the next storm!
Call SERVPRO of Langley
One way or another we experience storms. Rather it be snow, rain, wind, etc, it is going to happen. When it does happen we need to be prepared. The following list is what is recommended at a minimum to be ready in the event of a storm.
- Flash Light (it is possible for the power to go out during a storm)
- Extra Batteries (flashlights never work when needed, having extra batteries can save you from the dark)
- First Aid Kit (make sure nothing is outdated in the kit so it is possible to use the items if needed)
- Cellphone (Now a days everyone has a cellphone, it is necessary to have one in case the house phone does not connection)
- Canned Food (might not have food to cook, it is important to have up to date canned foods just in case for emergency purposes)
- Manual Can Opener (do not just rely on an electrical can opener because the electricity can go out during a storm)
- Bottled Water (water is the most important thing to have around the house)
- Blanket (it is possible for the heaters at your property to stop working, make sure you have blankets around to keep you warm)
- Battery Powered Weather Radio (using a radio can help you stay connected to what is happening during a storm in case your T.V does not work and you cannot connect to the weather channel)
Being prepared will help keep panic at a minimum especially in a family that has children involved. Not only will these items benefit you but it will help benefit your loved ones around as well. These items should be kept in a safe place with easy access in case of a storm emergency. Every month or so check the battery life and replace if needed. Make sure that the canned food and bottles of water are up to date and if need replacements to do it immediately during a storm season. Also remember to go over the items in the kit with your family so they are aware of everything put into the kit.
Rain Storm Causes Wet Attic
Wet Attic After Rain Storm
When the storm hits hard you must be prepared but sometimes its hard to know there is a leak until it actually happens. This client was really upset when they realized that their roof had leaked in some rain after a large storm had passed. That water in the attic could have led to a lot of bad situations but thankfully SERVPRO was there to dry it up and clean it out.
About SERVPRO of Langley
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your home or commercial building.
Faster to Any Storm Event
Storm damage caused water to leak into garage and basement
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Langley provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Langley arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 778-552-7762
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Langley
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists Can Restore Any Storm Damage
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Langley is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Langley
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit the Lower Mainland SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Langley.
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today
Are you ready?
Abbotsford property after an ice storm
Storm damage prevention and treatment. There is no doubt trees can cause damage and be damaged in storms. However, appropriately placed and maintained trees can help reduce damage to structures in storms by deflecting wind, and reduce damage to trees. That is just one of the many things to prepare for when you know that a storm is brewing. Regardless, you are not alone in any disaster. Just remember to call SERVPRO of Langley for help 24/7 (778-552-7762)
About SERVPRO of Langley
SERVPRO of Langley specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.